Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion.
Collection of Personal Information
We will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonable or intrusive way. We will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for Our functions and activities.
We will collect personal information, such as your name, gender, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, email address, purchase details, and credit and debit card numbers, from you when you provide information directly to KataraSky.com, including when setting up an account with KataraSky.com or when purchasing products or services (Products) provided by KataraSky.com’s third party suppliers (Merchant Partners) on the Website.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information or if you use a pseudonym or do not provide identifiable information, we may not be able to provide you with the products you require.
How Personal Information is Held
KataraSky.com will store your personal information in a secure environment. It is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. We have taken reasonable steps to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold, please contact us as we would be happy to provide you with further information on our processes.
How Personal information is Used
We may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- the purposes for which you specifically provided your personal information including, without limitation, to enable KataraSky.com to respond to your inquiries or comments that you submit to us and to complete and fulfill your purchases of Products;
- to allow you to use the Website and communicate and interact with others on the Website;
- to send you information about your relationship or transactions with Katarasky.com;
- to tell you about products, services, programs, and offers that KataraSky.com believes may be of interest to you (if you have not opted-out of receiving such communications);
- for our internal business and management purposes including, without limitation, data analysis, audits, enhancing the Website, improving services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of marketing campaigns;
- to train our employees and agents;
- any other purpose you have consented to;
- any use which is required or authorized by law; and
- to handle complaints and disputes and to detect, investigate and prevent fraud
We will not direct market to you unless you have been given an opportunity to opt-out of receiving future direct marketing communications or unless you have otherwise consented to direct marketing. If you do not want to receive such offers from KataraSky.com, or do not want KataraSky.com to disclose your personal information to our related entities, service providers, or third parties for marketing purposes, you can opt-out at any time by selecting the unsubscribe option on any email sent to you by KataraSky.com, by selecting the unsubscribe button on the Website or by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect cookies about your visit to the Website to help us to improve the Website. Cookies are small information files that are sent to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website and it will recognize your device on future visits. For example, we may collect the time of your visit, whether you have visited our Website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us, and some geographical information. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser.
We may also use analytical web tools to collect visitor information for us to better understand how to improve our products and services to you.
We also use other external service providers for the following purposes:
for web hosting services for the Website; and/or
to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
KataraSky.com may share your personal information with third parties including (without limitation) as follows:
- to suppliers of Products;
- to KataraSky.com’s local and offshore third-party service providers who provide services on KataraSky.com’s behalf including (without limitation) delivering the Products, website hosting, data analysis, payment management services, and training;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock;
- to any person or entity to whom you have consented
- to Katarasky.com disclosing your personal information to;
- any person or entity to whom We are required or authorized to disclose your personal information in accordance with the law.
Those entities are not authorized by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supply that information to them. We may also disclose personal information where you consent to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal, or implied from your conduct.
Overseas Disclosure of Personal Information
Our related entities and some of our service providers (including information technology service providers) may be located overseas and, as a result, personal information collected and held by KataraSky.com may be transferred overseas. The countries in which these recipients may be located will vary from time to time. We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information that is transferred to third parties located outside of Australia will not be held, used, or disclosed by the recipient of the information in a manner that is inconsistent with the Principles.
Accuracy of Information
KataraSky.com takes reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information We collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- let KataraSky.com know if there are any errors in your personal information;
- keep KataraSky.com up to date with changes to your personal information such as your name, email, and postal address.
You have a right to complain about KataraSky.com’s handling of your personal information if you believe there has been a breach of your privacy.
If you believe that We have interfered with your privacy in our handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint to KataraSky.com’s Compliance Officer by emailing email@example.com with details of your complaint and any supporting evidence and/or information. We will acknowledge receipt of your written complaint no later than five (5) business days after receipt.
We will investigate your complaint in accordance with our internal complaints resolution process and determine the steps (if any) that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you. You will be sent the final decision in writing no later than fifteen (15) business days after you contact us if we have all the necessary information to make that decision. If you disagree with our decision, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au, calling 1300 363 992, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limitation of Liability
Before transmitting personal information from your computer to the Website please be aware that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Katarasky.com will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.